Oh Christmas Tree


Last night I put up my Christmas tree. I did it after the kids went to bed although I have saved some stuff for them to do when they get home from school. I mostly wanted the larger deed to be done so that it would make things easier on me in the long run. It is a fake tree. Before I came to Hawaii I heard that real trees were really expensive here, so I thought it might be best to go with the fake one for a few years (20 according to Phil). One of the first things Joslyn wanted to do this morning was to go and see the tree, so I sent Phil down to turn on the lights. It is still dark when the kids get up so the lights were twinkling merrily in the darkness when they came down the stairs. The oldest two expressed their delight at the tree and are excited for the chance to add some candy canes and stuff to it this afternoon, but the most gratifying response came from Caleb. He took one look at the tree and said "Cool". He kept saying it every time he looked at the tree and it was such a great reaction. Later after it started getting light out, I tried to turn off the lights, but he emphatically let me know that he wanted them on so I plugged them back in and as soon as they were again lit, he said "Cool".

Comments

Joanna said…
That Caleb is a cutie. "Cool."
jojack8 said…
It was nice to see the last picture of Caleb without his facial make-up. Grandpa
Wow, That tree reminds me of home big-time, it's wonderful. Caleb is giving you a run for your money, keep your weather-eye open for him at all times :)! Sister Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Nathan's Baptism

Chase Maxwell Connor

Two Boys in a Bed