Chase Maxwell Connor

It has finally happened. I am no longer pregnant, and even better than that is that I have a gorgeous new little man at my house. Chase Maxwell Connor was born at 10:30 on February 21, 2009. He weighed in at 7 lbs and 2 oz and is 19 inches long. I started having contractions on Friday and by four they were getting pretty strong, so I called Phil and told him to come home and take me to the hospital. All the kids wanted to be together so we called some friends and they took them for us. When we got to the hospital, they put me on the monitor and our little guy was having some problems. His heart rate would drop during some of the contractions so they admitted me and broke my water to hurry things along. We had one close call in the middle of the night when his heart rate fell and changing sides was not helping. They called for the doctor and all of a sudden the room was full of people! They had me get on my hands and knees to see if that would help and told me that if it didn't bring up the heart rate they were going to rush me into do an emergency c-section. Luckily, it did work and although I had to spend the rest of the night on my right side because any other position was not working for the baby we were able to avoid a c-section. At about ten the next morning, we were finally ready to push and I was able to get him out with about four good contractions and some strong pushes. He is absolutely beautiful and is such a good baby. They let me go today and it is nice to be home with my family again. Chase is busy being adored by everyone and is finally getting the hang of the whole breastfeeding thing. A big thank you to every one who helped and to all of you who were pulling for us. We are so grateful!

Comments

Tiffany said…
Congratulations!! I'm glad to hear that you didn't have to have the c-section, and that the baby is fine. It's awful how scary things can get in the delivery room!! He is so precious and tiny. Congrats again!
Our Ohana said…
Jaime, you look so beautiful in these pictures - nothing at all like I looked after having a baby! Good work, he is simply precious!
- Sara xx
Anonymous said…
He is darling. He looks like Nathan! I bet the kids are having a fun time with him. Congrats and glad that all went well. Keep us updated on his progress. Ü By the way, I love his name!
Joanna said…
HOLY CRAP!!!! Such a DARLING baby!! Wish we could be there. You are in our prayers and we couldn't be more grateful for Chase's safe arrival. Take care and I'll get Heather safely off to you tomorrow.
jojack8 said…
It was great to talk to you this morning and even better to see the pictures of Chase. We are very pleased to have a new grandson in the family and that our prayers were answered. By the way, we were not pulling for you, we were pushing.
Dad
jojack8 said…
What sweet pictures of you and your newest addition. A lot of hard work went into that production, but the payoff is worth it! We love you and are thinking of you at this special time...you are looking GOOD! Mom
Amanda said…
jaime what a precious baby. He is such a cute and sweet baby. Let me know if you need any help. You look like you werent even pregnant and had a baby. You are great..
Sandra said…
Good job Mom and Dad! What a cute kid!

Popular posts from this blog

Nathan's Baptism

Two Boys in a Bed