Nathan's Baptism

Nathan got baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on August 1, 2009. The baptism was preformed by his father and was held in the Mililani Hawaii Stake Center. It was so wonderful to see how excited Nathan was for his baptism and we were so pleased with his decision to follow the example of Jesus Christ. The program was a bit long, but the Spirit was there and we got through it with only a few escape attempts by Caleb and a few complaints of "Are they done yet?" from Joslyn. The Stake asks that you not make a big to do afterward so that the focus can be on the kids and the ordinance and not the party after, so we told Nathan that we would take him out to eat wherever he wanted. Yep, we went to Chucky Cheese. That was OK though because the kids got to play and relieve some of the pent up energy that sitting for an hour and a half had stored up in their little bodies. It was a great day and one of many such milestones to be enjoyed.


All dressed in white


Mother and Son

Comments

Joanna said…
I am crying at my computer, I'm so proud of Nathan and you all look beautiful and happy. Wish we could have been there for the big day. Well done Nathan! You are a great example to all of us.
ME said…
Okay, I am so sad that my family is not there to share in this huge moment. I miss you so so much. Nathan will be such/and is such an amazing person-hello just look at his parents. I am so proud to say you are my dearest friend. And by the way-you look fantastic and as always have great (and appropratie) style-which Im finding hard to pull off now that Im gearing up for garmets. Wanna be my stylist?
Sandra said…
I too wish that I could have been there!!! I love that you can tell that Nathan looks happy and ready. Way to go kid!
Bonnie Bennett said…
Beautiful family! I remember not too many years ago, a young man asked us to accept a dozen long stemmed roses being delivered to our house for him so he could pick them up later to propose to a beautiful young lady that evening...and now just look at the wonderful results! We are so proud of you both and your special family!
Love,
Bonnie & Tug
Anonymous said…
Congratulations Nathan. We are so proud of your decision!
jojack8 said…
It's hard to believe that this special day has arrived all ready. Grandpa and I are very proud of you Nathan, and would have loved to have been there to see your baptism. You are a great big brother, and have set a good example for your sister and little brothers. Keep trying to be like Jesus, he showed us the way. Love, Grandma & Grandpa in France
Beledancer said…
OK, so I'm so dumb!!! I can't believe I didn't realize that Nathan had just turned the BIG 8!!! We talked for such a long/fun time last night and I didn't even say congratulations! A ficha so caiu hoje de manha!! SOOOOO SORRY!!
Loved talking to you guys and seeing your gorgeous family 'live' we sure do miss you guys! Your family is a wonderful example to us! I'm so proud of Nathan!! He's growing into such a wonderful young man!
Your family is so beautiful! I love the new pic on your blog! Thanks for inviting us to read it and for continuing to be our friends even after such a long time!
Love you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

Chase Maxwell Connor

Two Boys in a Bed