Happy Halloween


We had a great Halloween. We decided to forgo the trunk or treat at the church and go trick or treating around the neighborhood. As we were beginning to get ready to go, Joslyn ran up to me in a panic. She had worn her witch costume to school and then had left it in her backpack on the bus. Of course at that hour it was much too late to anything about it, but luckily she has dress-up stuff and I told her to get her red Belle dress and her gold crown. She ran and put it on and then I did her hair, fastened the crown and put on some princess makeup and she was ready to go. Nathan put on his Indiana Jones costume and I gave him some stubble with some Halloween makeup I had purchased for that purpose. Caleb was a skeleton, but only wore his mask long enough to try to scare us and then took it off and refused to wear it again. Everybody looked great. Phil stayed home to hand out candy and I took the kids around the neighborhood. This was Caleb's first year trick or treating and he quickly caught on to the fact that all the people we were visiting were handing out candy. It reminded me of a Jerry Sinefeld routine about Halloween. He is talking about kids and candy and how much they love it and then how they feel the first time they hear about Halloween. He says "So the first time you hear about the concept of Halloween, when you're a kid, you know the first time you even hear about it? Your brain can't even . . . what is this? Who's giving out candy? Someone's giving out candy? Who is giving out this candy? EVERYONE THAT WE KNOW IS JUST GIVING OUT CANDY? I got to be a part of this! Take me with you, I want to do it, I'll do anything that they want! I can wear that. I'll wear anything I have to wear. I'll do anything I have to do. I will get the candy from these FOOLS that are so stupidly giving it away!" It was like that for Caleb. He didn't care what he was wearing, he just wanted the candy. We had a great time!
Princess Joslyn

Boo!

Indiana Jones

Comments

ME said…
That is the best princess costume! Im glad she had to wear it again. She is so lovely!! I wish our kids could go trick or treating together. Perhaps in another life? I miss you and Im very glad you are on the ball with your blog these days!! Good Job.
Amanda said…
what a fun halloween we missed you at the trunk or treat. All your kids look so great. Nothing like a last minute costume mishap. It wouldnt be halloween with out it.
The pcc pictures look like so much fun
Steve and cat said…
Bubba the Plantation overseer. Great Costume!Politically questionable, but cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Nathan's Baptism

Chase Maxwell Connor

Two Boys in a Bed