Makapuu Point


On Thursday we took the kids to hike up to Makapuu Point on the South side of the island. It is a lookout point for whales as well as a great place to see some beautiful scenery. We did not, unfortunately, see any whales, but the scenery was plentiful and we had a great time. While most of you are starting to feel the cold, our only change is that we get few more showers during the day, and the temperature has fallen a few degrees. In other words, the weather is great. Caleb did such a good job hiking. He walked most of the mile long journey to the top, actually running quite a bit to keep up with the big kids. We carried him down because it was getting dark and we were afraid he would fall, but he was a real trooper. I sprained my ankle on the way down, but not enough to stop me from hoofing it to the bottom on my own two feet. It was a lot of fun.

Hiking up

What a pose!

King of the rock

Watching for whales

Comments

Jaime,

Seriously, is it not enough that you live in Hawaii; but you have to rub the weather in our cold faces?
J/K

I love the pics. Keep'm coming. I'm so glad Phil is there and has a regular schedule right now.

I love and miss you guys!
Amanda said…
that looks like such a fun hike. What beautiful scenry. I hope your ankle is okay

Popular posts from this blog

Nathan's Baptism

Chase Maxwell Connor

Two Boys in a Bed