Grandma and Grandpa come for Halloween

My parents came down to visit us for a few weeks and it was wonderful to have them here. With Phil gone, I have been on my own and it was so nice to have some help and some adult conversation. We didn't really do anything while they were here except for a nice trip to the temple. We just hung out around the house and it was so great. The kids loved having their grandparents at their beck and call and I appreciated the break. Mom and Dad planned their visit so that they would be here for Halloween. This year it was on a Sunday, so on Saturday I dressed the kids in their costumes and they went to a Fall Festival at the church followed by trick or treating around to the different classrooms. Then we headed to the mall and went trick or treating to all of the stores there. The kids had a lot of fun and I was glad to have Mom and Dad their to help me herd them along.


Dad and Chase sitting together on the couch. They were so cute together and would sit like this and converse. Chase would babble and Dad would reply and then they would laugh together. It was so funny.


Jocelyn as Ariel. She looked so cute. I found some of that red hair spray and sprayed her like crazy. I think it turned out really well.


Ariel and Yoda.


Chase was a skeleton. I love it when I can reuse a costume. In this picture, he has his candy bag on his head. He obviously hasn't got the hang of this yet. :)


Sunday after church we carved our pumpkins and handed out candy. Jocelyn designed the tall pumpkin and I did the scary one. The kids were really good about not going out with all the other kids. Jocelyn handed out the candy and exclaimed over all of the costumes, and Caleb loved to open the door and yell "trick or treat" before the kids waiting outside could do it. Next year I have promised them that they can trick or treat the whole base if they want to. :)

Comments

Joanna said…
The kids looked great and I loved the picture of Chase with his bucket on his head! Everyone here did the trick-or-treat thing on Saturday, which was so nice, but it is awesome that the church does family functions so that kids can still have Halloween fun but also keep the Sabbath Day. Going to the mall was a great idea too! Mom says you made yummy food during their visit. You'll have to share!
Sandra said…
Your kids look great. The red hair was a nice touch. I didn't know there was such a thing. I hope it came out ok. Halloween is so much fun and your kids look like they had a great time.

Popular posts from this blog

Nathan's Baptism

Chase Maxwell Connor

Two Boys in a Bed